The ElvaJet® SR series has been tested on the most frequently used printers, but users should check the inks’ suitability for individual machines and models.
If the inks dry in the nozzles, the normal cleaning procedure built into the printer should be applied. We recommend the use of our specific cleaning solution, Sensient Universal Flush WB.
For optimal printing, the relative humidity rate should be kept at 50% or higher and the ambient temperature should be around 20 – 25°C (70°F).
Recommended print settings:
||Printhead recommended settings
||1 to 3 mm for optimum print performance
||Tested to printhead maximum frequency
||22-25°C, 50-70% RH
Once the transfer media is printed, it should be taken into account that the process is not designed to achieve an accepted light fastness and rubbing fastness of the printed paper or other intermediate substrate. The printed substrate should therefore be handled with care and the ink transferred to the fabric as soon as possible after printing.
– Before ink Installation: Unless ElvaJet SR ink is the first ink installed into the system, it is recommended to clean the ink line thoroughly using 698100 Universal Flush. If the printhead and ink supply system are filled with non-Sensient series of inks prior to the installation, it is recommended to ensure all ink contact parts, tubing and printhead are fully flushed with the available 698100 Universal Flush
– Ink Installation: Fill the ink line with ElvaJet SR inks continuously to remove the flush. ElvaJet SR inks may take a few hours to settle in a printer before production printing is possible
– Printing: Load the required image and color profile relating to the chosen substrate. If a profile does not exist at this point Sensient or our partners will be glad to support this process. Print directly to the transfer media and dry
– Fixation: To obtain a good color transfer and fixing, the printed substrate should be transferred at 210°C (410°F) for 30s
– Printhead capping: When the printer is idle, it is recommended to always cap the printhead properly. It is suggested that the printhead is not left open without capping for more than 60 minutes.
– Cleaning: Always use 698100 Universal Flush to clean the nozzle plate and the wiper. It is recommended to use this flush on any part of the capping station that is in direct contact with the printhead.
– Ink removal: If you plan to remove the inks from the printer for an extended period of time (longer than 2 days), fill the ink lines with the 698300 Parking Flush
– Nozzle recovery: If a nozzle is found missing during or after printing, it is recommended to flush the nozzle with the ink and gently wipe the nozzle plate with the cleaner. If ink has dried in the nozzles, it is recommended to flush with the available 698200 Conversion Flush. Conversion Flush should not be left in the printhead for longer than 60 minutes